- Log into MC and click setup, then click “Gift Cards”
- Click “Add”
- You can set up predetermined amounts or “Open” amount (where you manually enter the value”. To set up a predetermined amount, such as a $10 gift cert/card, enter the name of the item (ex. $10 GC), the amount (10.00), and select “Gift Cert” from the “Type” drop box. To set up an “Open” amount, leave the amount blank. This will cause a number pad to pop up when selling this item to enter the amount.
- Click “Lookup” and select a screen location for the item.
- Optional – Click “Manager Required” to require a manager to approve the sale of this item.
- Click “OK”.
- Repeat steps 2-5 for any additional values/amounts.
NOTE When doing end of day, you will need to manually enter the amount of gift cards/certificates redeemed in the top right corner of system totals.
Emailing your data file
- Log into MC and click utilities, then “Email Data Files”
- Type in the email address you want to send the data files to, usually email@example.com
- Click “Ok”. Wait 2-4 minutes, or until the “Email sent” box pops up. Do not close MC even if it says “Program Not Responding” for at least 5 minutes.